HEALTH TIPS FOR HOT WEATHER
There is a change in the climate condition and we know that a lot of people do not know how to cope with the present weather and so we have decided to share health tips. Things that you should do if you want to survive the hot season healthy and happy. These tips will help you avoid heat-related diseases and also make you comfortable despite the hot climate.
- Stay hydrated always: dehydration is the common factor in heat-related diseases. Don't take alcohol it can induce dehydration. Increase your water intake this period, it is not only when you are thirsty. Drink plenty of fluids apart from water.
- Do not expose yourself to much sun: Stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day. If you do have to go outside, wear a hat and sunscreen, and seek shade.
In cases where you need to be out, you should also use a light umbrella not a black one.
- Eat lighter meals: Eat foods that are not heavy, reduce the intake of carbohydrates. Eat more salads, fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Do not wear thick cloths: Wear light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing made from natural fibres like cotton and linen. It prevents you from sweating excessively and keep your body cool. Don't wear black or dark colour clothing, because they absorb heat.
- Take your bath more than once a day: Have a regular shower in a day to keep your body cool and sweet. It doesn't matter how many times you shower, just make sure that you stay cool.
- Stay in a well ventilated place: Make sure that you stay in a well ventilated place. The windows must always be open.
- Exercise: Exercising should be during the early hours of the day. Heat stress occurs when sweat can't evaporate fast enough to keep the body sufficiently cool.
- Watch what you apply on your skin: Avoid or reduce using oily creams
and moisturizers. They will make you hotter and increase sweating.